About Me

My Photo
Welcome to my blog... I live in an English seaside town with my husband and our five young boys. I have a passion for all things pretty. In particular anything Cath Kidston, vintage inspired and anything bright, colourful and cheery really. I love to knit, crochet and sew as much as I possibly can.... I also love books and of course TEA!!

Monday, 5 November 2012

Paper piecing diamonds!

 
 
Hey folks!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 This is a speedy post just to let you know that I am still here in blogland. I am alive and well... just a tad busy (aren't we all?)... I apologise if I didn't reply to all your kind comments on my last post or left a comment on your fabulous blogs of late... I am popping in and enjoying your creativity and inspiration often. I hope to grab some spare time to sit down and do a 'proper' post soon as I'm not liking that feeling that I'm drifting out of the blogging community  :(  I want to give my blog a bit of a face lift soon and get back on the bandwagon!! Maybe even host a giveaway... ooh get me!!!

There certainly hasn't been a lack of crafting round these parts, I've been beavering away with my hook and yarn and needle and thread...
 For now I will leave you with a photo my latest paper piecing WIP...



 
(I couldn't resist a play on PicMonkey with this photo!)
 
 
I'm experimenting with more traditional colourways at the moment. What do you think? I'm not following any pattern and just seeing how it goes, hand piecing the diamond how I please. I'm planning on hand quilting this one (can't wait for that bit!!). It will be a small table topper/ runner when complete.
 
Anyhoo, must dash for now... hope you all have a good week!!!
 
 
Happy crafting lovelies...
 
xx Louise xx
 

17 comments:

  1. Love your new project, I really like the darker colours in it, especially the blue....looks lovely.

    I am currently in headless-chicken mode too, but thankfully am finding some sit down and knit time in the evenings otherwise I think I'd lee the plot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pattern! I have never tried such use of paper with fabric. Looking forward to see your completed project:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise Lovely to see you back in blogland and still crafting. I find i can do more know that the nights are longer. Love the colour combination of you patchwork. Hope your family are all well......xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking good! Hope life steadies down a bit for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The patching is looking really pretty. Enjoying lots of hand sewing myself at the moment. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful array of colours. If only I loved sewing by hand...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I am the same, no time to scratch! Nice to hear from you and to see you beautiful hand stitching!

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I'd just like to say how much I love you last blog post, beautiful, just beautiful! I know this will sound like a stupid question... but what exactly IS paper piecing a quilt? I've always wanted to try it but I never had a clue what it really was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love our tiny diamonds, the fabrics you chose are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry meant to type 'your' lovely diamonds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came across your blog today and it wonderful! Your creations are beautiful, I have joined to follow so I will be back, the diamond s are amazingly lovely and I love that you sew by hand, I think more love gets in our work when we sew by hand, lol,!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The diamonds look lovely

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a very happy New year Louise

      Amanda :-)
      Giveaway closes 6th January....evening

      Delete
  13. Oi amiga, adorei todas as novidades do teu blog, também trago novidades no meu blog para ti contar, confira e depois deixe um comentário para eu poder saber o que achastes,abraços do Brasil.
    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete
  14. great blog , so many blogs so little time I will be back to check in again happy new year. hx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment... I love to hear from you!! x